90% Of Google Webmaster Messages Are Regarding Black Hat Issues
In a recent video by Google’s head of search spam, Matt Cutts said that 90% of the messages sent out via Google Webmaster Tools are related to black hat issues. Whereas only 3% of those messages were specifically about unnatural links.
This video response comes in response to many webmasters thinking that of the 700,000 messages Google sent out in the first two months of this year were mostly related to link notifications. However, Matt Cutts said no. He said only 25,000 of the 700,000 were link related but about 600,000 of the 700,000 were black hat related.
Here is the video:
- Google Sent Over 700,000 Messages Via Webmaster Tools In Past Two Months
- Google Webmaster Tools SiteNotices For Site Error Notifications
- Google’s Sending Webmaster Notifications About Bad Links Pointing At Their Sites
- Google To Resume Webmaster Penalty Email Notifications
- Google Improves Webmaster Penalty Notifications For Both Manual & Automated Penalties
- Message In A Bottle: Google Now Stores Messages For Unverified Webmaster Central Users
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.