A Design Change For Google Images
- Removal of row by row light blue background color
- Addition of mouse over light blue background color on an image by image basis
- Removal of image URL source
- Removal of image file size
- Removal of image height and width
- Mouse over shows the image URL source, file size and height/width details
I have coverage of how SEOs and SEMs feel about this change at the Search Engine Roundtable, as you can imagine, some are not too happy the image source URL does not show until you mouse over the image. I personally like the cleaner interface.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.