Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.
Announcing The 2007 “Columbo” Humorous Blog Post Winners
The fix is in, the votes have been counted, and the winners determined in the 2007 Rubber Chicken Award for Humor (aka the Columbo) in the search industry. And the winners are:
The Judges’ Choice Award:
Top 21 Signs You Need a Break From SEO (2007 version) Matt MccGee – Small Business SEM
The People’s Choice Award:
Google Interiors: The day my house became searchable – Sandra Niehaus – Closed Loop Marketing
Runner Ups (in no particular order and for the purposes of this contest tied for 2nd):
- 13 Things to Do When Your Loved One is Away at Conferences – Mystery Guest, SEOMoz
- The Sphinn Awards – Part I and Part II – Jeff Quipp, Search Engine People & David Harry, Huomah.com
- SEOs home alone – Google’s Nightmare – Sebastian, Sebastian’s Pamphlets
- 10 Signs That You May Be a Blog Addict – David Wallace, SearchRank
The Other Finalists (and all winners just the same):
- Want traffic? Rank for High Traffic Keywords
- We Add Words to AdWords… Google Subtracts them
- Why eBay and Wikipedia rule Google SERPs,
- SEO High School Confidential – Premiere Edition!
- The SEO’s Guide to Beginners
- The Internet Marketer’s Nightmare
- Mission Accomplished: Top Ranking in Google
Your rubber chicken or surrogate will be mailed to you shortly.
Mike Blumenthal is a student of life, political economy and local search. He writes the blog Understanding Google Maps and Yahoo Local Search and is a partner in a small web design company in upstate NY.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.