AOL Local Search Released Second Beta
- Better fallback for locations that cannot be mapped
- Improvements to the Driving Directions widget, both in visibility and in ease of use
- Improvements in the design of the Printer Friendly pages
- More “Top Tier” city content. Results for the larger cities in the US will display modules such as “City’s Best” and “Explore (City Name).” Outside of major cities, results will feature
- Regional Events and Regional Headlines
- A tip box for the first time you visit a search results page to highlight the functionality of the map that is being displayed (e.g., panning, clicking and dragging, etc.).
Try the new beta at http://local.aol.com/aol/localhome.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the latest news in local search marketing each week.