Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
AOL Local Search Released Second Beta
Barry Schwartz on June 1, 2007 at 9:27 am
- Better fallback for locations that cannot be mapped
- Improvements to the Driving Directions widget, both in visibility and in ease of use
- Improvements in the design of the Printer Friendly pages
- More “Top Tier” city content. Results for the larger cities in the US will display modules such as “City’s Best” and “Explore (City Name).” Outside of major cities, results will feature
- Regional Events and Regional Headlines
- A tip box for the first time you visit a search results page to highlight the functionality of the map that is being displayed (e.g., panning, clicking and dragging, etc.).
Try the new beta at http://local.aol.com/aol/localhome.