Bing Releases Version 2.0 Of iPhone App
Bing has released a new version of their iPhone app. This is a version 2.0 update and includes a huge array of new features. You can download the app by clicking here.
Those features include:
- Quickly find the perfect restaurant based on your price range, cuisine, atmosphere, or location.
- Easily find great movies by name, location, or theater.
- Use the Plans feature to plan a night out, a dinner and a movie, or any event you want. See what plans your Facebook friends like and read their comments.
- More transit directions to help you plan your commute. Real-time transit updates for Boston, San Francisco and Seattle (more cities to come), show you if a bus is on time, early, or delayed, with predictions for arrival times. Standard transit routes for 11 cities including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New Jersey, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC, and Vancouver BC, with more to come.
- Familiarize yourself with a location before you go, using Bing Streetside. Streetside, a new mapping feature, gives you a multi-street level panorama of a location so you can take a virtual walk through the streets with a view of a location and its landmarks. Slide the street level imagery sideways, and the view of the sidewalk is seamlessly constructed, including an overlay of business listings, street names and store fronts.
- Use reminders to get a notification when you’re nearby a business or location where you have an errand. Add a reminder and you’ll stop forgetting to pick up the dry cleaning.
- Check in to Facebook, Foursquare, and Windows Live Messenger, without leaving Bing.
- Improved homepage layout and design for easier navigation and discoverability.
Here are some screen shots of the more interesting features:
Bing iPhone Home Page:
Bing Checkin / Reminder Feature:
Bing Directions & Maps View:
Also see our overview article on recent Bing changes announced this week, Bing Releases Huge Set of Upgrades: Maps, Local, Mobile, Travel, Image Search.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
The best news in mobile marketing every Thursday.