Bing Webmaster Tools Adds Markup Validator
The Bing Webmaster Blog announced they have added a new feature to the crawl section named Markup Validator.
To access this new feature, login to Bing Webmaster Tools and click on the “Crawl” tab. Then on the right side or bottom left side there is an option to click on “Markup Validator.”
Duane from Bing said that while not all code validation issues have an impact on your web page from loading or rankings, “having the syntax incorrect can affect our ability to use the data as you intend.”
The tool scans for:
Here is what the results can look like:
- Bing Webmaster Tools Expand Crawl Details, Offers URL Normalization Tips & More
- Bing Webmaster Tools Integrates Yahoo Traffic Data
- Bing’s “Honey Badger” – An Upgrade To Webmaster Tools
- Bing Webmaster Tools Enables HTML5 Interface
- 2011: The Year Google & Bing Took Away From SEOs & Publishers
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.