Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.
Dilbert Cartoon Says “No” To Black Hat SEO
The comic reads:
“I want you to use “black hat” methods to raise our website’s ranking on search engines.”
“What do you like best about that ideas – the fact that it’s unethical or the near certainty of getting caught?”
“That’s sort of a loserish thing to say.”
“Talking doesn’t work for people like me.”
Scott Adams: No Stranger To Google
It’s probably best that Dilbert decided to stay with acceptable practices. After all, creator Scott Adams depended on Google for good advice a few years ago to help treat his speech disorder. Our past article, Dilbert’s Scott Adams: Will Google Replace Your Doctor?, has more about that.
Plus, in 2002, one of Google’s most famous special logos — or “Doodles” — was a Dilbert one created by Adams that ran across multiple days.
It also later was placed on coffee cups. Here are some pictures of that from a cup that Search Engine Land editor in chief Danny Sullivan has:
Getting that strip drawn turned out to be quite the saga, one that former Googler Doug Edwards covers here. Edwards is also author of the new book with insider accounts of the life and times at Google, “I’m Feeling Lucky.”
- Those Special Google Logos, Sliced & Diced, Over The Years
- SEO Gets Dissed by CBS TV Series “The Good Wife”
- Thoughts On Web Developers, SEO & Reputation Problems
- 21 Essential SEO Tips & Techniques
- What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization?
- Periodic Table Of SEO Ranking Factors
- Search Engine Land’s Guide To SEO