Check Out My Yahoo Kickstart Profile & Get Yours
Today, Yahoo launched their new social networking site geared towards college students and alumni named Kickstart. We first wrote about it over here, where we described that this service will help college students looking for jobs connect with alumni who already have jobs and might be hiring. There is more coverage of the Kickstart launch at Techmeme.
I decided to give it a try, and this is what my profile looks like at the moment:
Let me take you through the process of signing up.
(1) Go to Kickstart and click on “Getting Started.”
(2) I was logged into Yahoo, so they asked me to find my college:
(3) I typed the college name into the search box and it came up below, so I selected it:
(4) Then I entered the details of my college experience into Kickstart:
(5) I then filled out details about myself:
(6) Added my classic icon, aka, my photo:
(7) At that point, it took me to my profile page, where I was able to add more details about myself. Such details included places I have worked and my interests:
That pretty much covers it. I have yet to connect to any people, so feel free to search for me and connect with me. My profile should be available over here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.