Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
CrowdEye Reloads With Entire Twitter Firehose
Real-time/Twitter search engine CrowdEye says it has “totally rebuilt” its site and is now using Twitter’s “Firehose” data feed. The site offers a handful of new features, most of which are available in the left-column of a CrowdEye search results page.
The new options include:
- Filtering between tweets or links
- A 14-day archive of tweets and the ability to drill into tweets on a day-by-day basis
- Filtering by positive or negative sentiment
- Filtering by location, even when a Twitter user hasn’t included location in his/her tweet
- Sorting the results by either relevance or time (upper right of the screenshot)
Combined, these features make for a pretty powerful Twitter search experience.