Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Exalead Adds Image Search, Facial Recognition Capabilities
Exalead, a search engine that’s popular among librarians and information professionals thanks to its array of advanced search capabilities, has added an image search function for more than 1 billion images on the web. Included in the image search tool is the ability to drill down on human faces, thanks to integration of LTU Technologies’ leading facial recognition software.
Image search functions include:
- Image size: Filter images by small, medium or large to find the right image quickly
- Wallpaper: Sort results by an image’s resolution
- Image Color: Narrow down search results to only black and white images, or those in color
- Image Type: Embedded facial recognition software lets users easily find headshots of their friends or favorite celebrities
- File Type: Filter images by format (JPEG, GIF or PNG)
I did a Q&A With François Bourdoncle, CEO Of Exalead a couple of months ago.
Direct to Exalead’s image search.