Facebook Drops Gmail As Find Friends Option
TechCrunch reports Facebook has removed the Gmail option of finding friends on Facebook.
If you go to the find friends section on Facebook, you will find options to find your friends via Skype, AIM, Windows Live Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, Comcast, MSN, sbcglobal and verizon.net, but you won’t see Google’s Gmail as an option:
This doesn’t come as a surprise to many. Earlier this month, Google changed their terms of service to force Facebook to either open up more of their information or have to drop Gmail as a friends find option.
Here are more of the related stories below to track this ongoing saga between Google and Facebook.
- Will Facebook Lose Google’s Contacts Integration?
- Facebook: You’ve No Right To Export Email Addresses (Unless It’s To Yahoo & Microsoft)
- Google/Facebook Saga Continues: Google Warns Not To “Trap” Your Data
- Facebook Messages: Export Of Facebook.com Addresses OK
- Google & Facebook: If You’re So Smart, Work It Out!
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Kick off each Monday with the best news and ideas in social media.