Foursquare Brings More Search Refinements To Mobile Apps
Calling it “personalized search for the real world,” Foursquare brought its mobile Explore functionality into its recently redesigned PC website roughly three weeks ago, and added some new search capabilities in the process. Those capabilities included the ability to filter places results by four categories: 1) “I haven’t been to yet” 2) “I have been to before” 3) “My friends have been to” 4) “Have Foursquare specials.”
The mobile-PC cross-pollination continued yesterday as Foursquare brought some of those enhanced search capabilities back to its iPhone and Android mobile apps. Now you can filter mobile search results by places “I’ve been,” “new to me” or places “my friends have been.”
In addition Foursquare made it easier to set or change your location. You can now drag, pinch, double tap and zoom the map and find places within the desired neighborhood or city more quickly and easily.
The release notes also indicate that the company has introduced “improved handling of duplicate venues” and restaurant “menus and hours.”
- Foursquare Launches “Personalized Search For The Real World”
- Foursquare Redesign Creates Expanded Opportunities For Users, Advertisers
- Foursquare: More Than Fun & Games, A Potent Local Search Tool
- Foursquare Adds ‘Lists’ Functionality For Profiles & Pages
- Foursquare Launches ‘Self-Serve’ Pages For Businesses
- Foursquare & American Express Specials Rolled Out Nationwide
- Foursquare 3.0 Aims To “Redefine Loyalty”
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the latest news in local search marketing each week.