Google Adds Explanations To Knowledge Graph Associations
The explanations shows why Google added a specific person or thing in the related area under a specific knowledge graph. Google associates this with the bacon number easter egg they ran earlier this year but in a much more useful way.
For example, search for [Kirsten Dunst] and you will see a “People also search for” with Tobey Maguire also showing up. When you hover your mouse over Tobey Maguire, it shows the text, “Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire both appear in Spider-Man 3, Spider-Man and other movies.”
Here is a picture:
Google is initially rolling this out major co-starring roles between actors, movies, and TV shows. It also should work for family connections amongst famous people. Google hopes to continue to expand this to more entities, relationships and people and things.
- Google Launches Knowledge Graph To Provide Answers, Not Just Links
- Goodbye Google+ People & Pages, Hello Knowledge Graph Box
- Google’s Knowledge Graph Gains “Carousel,” Goes Worldwide In English
- Google Thinks Google UK & Preston Lodge High School Are The Same?
- Confirmed: Google’s Expandable Knowledge Graph Test
- Google’s Knowledge Graph Has An Error 20% Of The Time
- Google’s Latest Easter Egg: Search For Lionel Richie
- Google Says Knowledge Graph Has Led To More Searches
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.