Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.
Google Adds Structured Data Markup Helper Tool
Google announced today a new, fun and useful tool to help webmasters markup their webpages with schema structured data. Structured data markup can help a webpage enhance its search listings by adding rich snippets to the search results page.
Google announced two upgrades here to the structured data tool.
Google added a new tool to allow webmasters to visually markup their webpages and then download the the HTML markup code to add to their HTML. The tool is named Structured Data Markup Helper. The tool lets you click on the various content and images on the page and then mark what data item type it is. Here is an example of an article data type, but Google supports events, local businesses, movies, products, restaurants, software applications and TV episodes, as well.
Here is a picture of the editor:
Here is a picture of the html output:
This tool is similar to the data highlighter tool; but, this is completely Web based and also supports the structured gmail formats.
The second one, we covered last week when Google added new data types to the data highlighter tool. The new types supported by the data highlighter tool are products, local businesses, articles, software applications, movies, restaurants, and TV episodes.
- Google’s Data Highlighter Now Supports Movies, TV, Articles, Products, Local Biz & Apps
- Google Introduces Data Highlighter Tool For Structured Data Markup
- Google Upgrades Their Rich Snippets Testing Tool To Better Reflect Display In Search Results
- Google Confirms Hidden Benefit Of Authorship: Bonus Links After A Back-Button Click
- Google’s Authorship Fail: How Truman Capote Was Credited As A NYT Writer 28 Years After His Death
- Examining Real World Uses Of Rich Snippets & Markup
- Top Ways B2B Marketers Can Best Utilize Rich Snippets
- Structured Data Markup Was Inevitable, But Is It An Admission Of Failure?
- Google Shows Movie Trailers Right In Its Search Results
- Want Your Picture In The Google Search Results? Add A Google+ Profile