Google Eliminates Another Link Network, BuildMyRank.com – Just One Of Several?
The battle between Google and those trying to artificially manipulate its search results is an ongoing battle. Google on March 19th took down one of those blog/link networks named BuildMyRank.com.
BuildMyRank.com confirmed Google has deindexed an “overwhelming majority” of their network as of March 19, 2012. The management of BuildMyRank.com has decided to immediately shut down their service and provide refunds to customers.
BuildMyRank.com thought that Google would allow their network since they felt they provided “better quality service,” which was a “bit different from other networks.” But as they admitted on their blog, “this was not the case.”
On one hand, I am surprised so many people still participate in quick and easy tactics like this? Google has a long history of going after link and blog networks. Here is just one more example. But I guess when things seem to work and it is easy, a human will often go with it. Even though network after network has been hit by the paid link penalties and worse.
Jennifer Ledbetter at PotPieGirl has a lot more on this network being hit by Google on her blog. It might also just be one of several networks hit.
- Official: Selling Paid Links Can Hurt Your PageRank Or Rankings On Google
- Google’s Action Against Paid Links Continues: Overstock & Forbes Latest Casualties; Conductor Exits Brokering Business
- The Big Paid Link Debate Roundup
- Another Company Outed for Paid Links: Sequoia-Backed Milanoo
- Google’s Jaw-Dropping Sponsored Post Campaign For Chrome
- New York Times Continues Paid Link Outing Stories, Looks At Online Flowers Industry
- Google Chrome’s Paid Link Penalty Now Lifted
- Google’s PageRank Update Goes After Paid Links?
- Dilbert Cartoon: Caught For Paid Links On Google
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.