Google Enables Blocking AdWords Results With Block Site Feature
Here is a picture with the “block all domain.com ads”:
What is interesting is that this works for both those who are signed in and signed out of a Google account.
When Google launched Search Plus Your World, the ability to block sites with this feature went away and still does not work. The interesting part is that if you are logged in, you can block AdWords results but not normal web results.
Update: This feature was actually released back in November and is thus not new. I am surprised I have not seen it before.
Hat tip to Andrew Girdwood for spotting this over the weekend.
- Google: Ability To Block Sites From Search Results Will Return, But When?
- Google’s Results Get More Personal With “Search Plus Your World”
- New: Google Lets You Block Any Site From Search Results
- Chapter 10: Blocking & Search Engine Results
- Block Sites From Google Results Using Chrome’s “Personal Blocklist”
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
No fluff - just the best news in paid search marketing every week.