Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Groups Beta Design Comes Out Of Beta
Google Groups launched their beta design to the public last night. The new design change switched from an orange/yellow/white color scheme to a light blue and white color scheme. The new design also comes with some feature additions including:
- Pages. Create and contribute to shared web pages with simple drag, drops, cuts, pastes, and clicks (i.e., no coding).
- Customized look and feel. Select pictures, colors, and styles to express your group’s style.
- Member profiles. See who else is in the group and read their profiles. Personalize your own profile with a photo and other details.
- File sharing. Post documents that anyone in the group can access.
- Easy reading of group discussions. Read easily in a Gmail-style interface.
The official Google press release on the new Google Groups can be found here. Google Blogosoped has the before and after screen shots, the official Google Blog has a post on it leading to the tour of the new Google Groups.