Google Groups launched their beta design to the public last night. The new design change switched from an orange/yellow/white color scheme to a light blue and white color scheme. The new design also comes with some feature additions including:
- Pages. Create and contribute to shared web pages with simple drag, drops, cuts, pastes, and clicks (i.e., no coding).
- Customized look and feel. Select pictures, colors, and styles to express your group’s style.
- Member profiles. See who else is in the group and read their profiles. Personalize your own profile with a photo and other details.
- File sharing. Post documents that anyone in the group can access.
- Easy reading of group discussions. Read easily in a Gmail-style interface.
The official Google press release on the new Google Groups can be found here. Google Blogosoped has the before and after screen shots, the official Google Blog has a post on it leading to the tour of the new Google Groups.