Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
Google Hiring Investigator / Threat Analyst For Safety & Security
I was tipped off by a friend of a new job listing at Google for Investigator / Threat Analyst in Irvine, CA. The job calls for an individual to work with Google’s Director of Corporate Safety & Security.
The responsibilities include “investigating deviations from company policies or acts against Google as well as collection and analysis of information helping define and assess threats to Google’s operations and assets.”
Here is the list of responsibilities for the job:
- Develops protocols and practices to assess and mitigate threats to company assets, and to manage crises.
- Delivers threat assessment services by collecting, evaluating and disseminating accurate and timely intelligence information to appropriate managers.
- Investigates possible violations of Google’s security/HR/Finance policies, Code of Conduct, or other business conditions and provides appropriate reports to management summarizing the findings.
- Conduct audits and other research to identify process deficiencies which could allow inappropriate business conduct and recommend protocols and policies to address those weaknesses.
- Develops strong relationships with domestic and international law enforcement and intelligence services counterparts, as well as private sector counterparts worldwide.
Besides for normal things like making sure the company policies are set up to protect the company and employees, it seems like this individual will be also doing some online reputation management. I am not sure if that was part of Homer Simpson’s job responsibilities. ;-)