Google Image Search Adds SVG Filter & Google Displays Satellite & Terrain Maps
Google’s weekend update includes two new recent updates for Google Search and Image Search.
(1) Google Image Search added an SVG image search filter. Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) graphics are scalable graphics that can be used in many ways. Google began indexing and crawling SVG files in September 2010. Then Google began ranking those file types in the results but not until recently did Google offer a filter option. Now, if you search Google Images on the bottom left there should be a filter for the SVG filetype.
(2) Google Maps on Google’s web search results can now show satellite and terrain maps. Google said all you need to do is add the words terrain or satellite to your map query and Google will show you that map. The example they gave is [honolulu satellite map] and here is a picture:
- Google Image Search Adds Color Picker
- Google Images Quietly Adds Creative Commons Filter
- Google Images Quietly Adds Face Filter
- Google Image Search Makes SafeSearch Toggle Switch Quicker
- Google Search Now Indexes & Crawls SVG Files
- Yahoo Search Adds Additional Image Filter Options
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the latest news in local search marketing each week.