The Google Search Blog announced two new user interface changes for image results on the Google web search results. Google has added a larger thumbnail image when you hover your cursor over image and Google will show more images when Google can detect your search intent asks for it.
For example, a search for [flowers] returns these results and when you hover over an image, it expands:
But when you search for [flower images] you many many more images:
You can trigger the web results to show more images by adding keywords like “photos”, “pictures”, and “images” to a query.
- Google Images Adds Subject Sorting Option
- Google Launches Instant Previews
- Google Images Now Showing Fresh Images Within Hours
- Google Image Search Adds SVG Filter & Google Displays Satellite & Terrain Maps
- Find Similar Images Now In Google Image Search