Google Gives You More Images, If You Ask Nicely
The Google Search Blog announced two new user interface changes for image results on the Google web search results. Google has added a larger thumbnail image when you hover your cursor over image and Google will show more images when Google can detect your search intent asks for it.
For example, a search for [flowers] returns these results and when you hover over an image, it expands:
But when you search for [flower images] you many many more images:
You can trigger the web results to show more images by adding keywords like “photos”, “pictures”, and “images” to a query.
- Google Images Adds Subject Sorting Option
- Google Launches Instant Previews
- Google Images Now Showing Fresh Images Within Hours
- Google Image Search Adds SVG Filter & Google Displays Satellite & Terrain Maps
- Find Similar Images Now In Google Image Search
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.