Google Logo For Albert Szent-Gyorgyi: Oranges & Vitamin C
Today, Google is honoring the 118th birthday of Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, the man who is credited with discovering vitamin C.
He was born on Sept. 16, 1893, in Budapest, Austria-Hungary, and won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1937 for discovering vitamin C and the components and reactions of the citric acid cycle. He died at the age of 93 on Oct. 22, 1986, in Woods Hole, Mass., United States.
Over his life, he had two wives, June Susan Wichterman between 1965 and 1968 and Marcia Houston between 1975 and 1986.
The logo can be found on most of the worldwide Google properties today to honor his discovery of vitamin C. And what better way to do it than with an orange?
- Google Celebrates Freddie Mercury’s 65th Birthday With Google Logo
- Jorge Luis Borges Google Logo
- Google’s Pierre de Fermat Math Logo
- Google “I Love Lucy” Logo For Lucille Ball’s 100th Birthday
- The Alexander Calder Google Mobile Logo
- Google Pea Logo For Gregor Mendel
- Google’s Got Logos, But Bing’s Home Page Images Attract Too
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.