Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
Google Logo For First Computer Programmer, Ada Lovelace
Today on Google is a special logo, aka Google Doodle, for Ada Lovelace. Ada Lovelace was born 197 years ago today and invented the first algorithm or computer program in 1842. That means she invented the first program 170 years ago!
In her very short life of 36 years she was able to see the future by writing the algoritm. She was a mathematician and also a writer who was hired to write notes on the Analytical Engine by Charles Babbage. Her notes ended up being the first algorithm and computer programmer ever written.
Thus she became known as the first computer programmer ever – helping lead to the powerful computer programming industry we have today.
To celebrate her life, Google has a Google Doodle that shows her writing the program and the evolution of computers and algorithms.
Other Google Logos:
- The Thinker Google Doodle For Auguste Rodin’s Birthday
- Google & Bing’s Thanksgiving Day Home Pages
- Google & Bing’s 2012 Veterans Day Logos
- The Google Dracula Logo: Bram Stoker Books
- Google Marks Election Day With Ballot Box Logo & “Where Do I Vote” Locator
- For Halloween, Google Makes Bats Appear For Horror Movie Searches
- Google Logo Honors 70th Birthday Of “The Joy Of Painting” Host Bob Ross
- Google’s Moby Dick Logo Takes You To Herman Melville Books Knowledge Graph
- Google’s Little Nemo Comic Strip Logo: Winsor McCay