Google Logo For Nicolas Steno: Father Of Modern Geology
Today’s special Google Logo, aka Google Doodle, celebrates the life of Nicolas Steno, the father of modern geology.
The logo symbolizes the study of the earth, from the ocean to the mountain tops. In Google Doodle fashion, the art makes up the letters of Google’s name, and this one has the Google colors as well.
Nicolas Steno was born 374 years ago on 1638 in Copenhagen, Denmark. He along with James Hutton founded what we know today as geology, the study of Earth. He died at the age of 48 in Schwerin, Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin on December 5, 1686.
Pope John Paul II beatified Nicolas Steno for his work and contributions to the world. To learn more about his life, see Wikipedia.
More Google Logos:
- Google Gumby Logo For 90th Birthday Of Creator Art Clokey
- Google Logo Honors Mary Blair, Disney Artist
- Richard Scarry Gets Google Logo
- All The “Mr Men & Little Miss” Google Logos For Roger Hargreaves Birthday
- Will Eisner Google Logo
- Google’s Paul Cézanne Logo
- Google Logo For Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post
- Scooby-Doo Google Logo For Halloween
- The Flintstones Google Logo: Yabba-Dabba Do!
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.