Google Marks Election Day With Ballot Box Logo & “Where Do I Vote” Locator
It’s Election Day in the United States, and Google is marking the occasion with a special ballot box logo. It’s more than a pretty picture, however. The logo also helps people find their local polling place.
Click on the logo, and you’ll get a prompt to enter your address and find your voting place:
That, in turn, leads to the special Google elections page where your voting place will be shown, along with other information that’s accessible:
- Google Launches US Election Hub Website
- Democrats Like To Mix Politics & Social Media More Than Republicans, Independents [Study]
- New “Twitter Political Index” Ranks Opinion Of Presidential Candidates Based On Tweets
- Facebook, CNN Partner On Election Insights
- Facebook Offers Real Time Map Of “America Votes 2012″
- Bing Launched Elections Portal: Filter News By Party, Social Integration, Maps & More
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.