Sign up for weekly recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google News Adds Larger Images, Realtime Updates & Google+ Comments
Google News announced they have added three large changes to Google News. They include larger images on the main page; a realtime coverage page to surface the latest articles and commentary; and relevant Google+ posts for a new social perspective.
To me, it pretty much looks like Google is looking for ways to inject Google+ all over Google News. But let’s explore the new changes that are rolling out to the U.S. edition of Google News over the next week.
Notice the larger image on the story plus the Google+ comment from U.S. Department of State Google+ account:
Google News has a new “realtime coverage” button next to stories and when you click on it you are taken to that coverage, accompanied by Google+ discussion on the right hand side:
- Google News Brings Back Search The Web Option
- Google Removes Author: Search From Google News
- Google News Spotlight Now Spotlights Your Friends & Stories They +1
- Journalists Get Their Profiles Featured In Google News … Their Google+ Profiles, That Is
- Google News Moves Advanced Options To Search Bar; A Sign Of Things To Come?
- Top 10 Negative Google News Ranking Factors
- Google News Launches “Standout” Tag for Featured Content