The Google News Blog announced that the Spotlight section on Google News may contain stories that your Google + friends and Gmail contacts have +1′ed.
If you are logged in while using Google News and your friends or contacts have used the Google +1 button to like the stories in your Spotlight section, that information will show up in the Spotlight section near the article. It will even let you click on the name of your friend/contact to see their social profile on Google.
Starting today, the Spotlight section will sometimes include articles that your Gmail contacts and people in your Google+ circles have publicly +1’d. You can see their profile pictures and click through to their Google+ profiles, just like on Social Search. And of course you can +1 the stories too, expressing your opinion and optionally sharing with your circles.
- Google+ Badge Tool Now Makes Facepile-Style Badges, +1 Counts To Be Consolidated
- Google+ Pages For Businesses: The AdWords Impact
- Google Webmaster Live Help Via Google + Hangouts Tomorrow
- Google’s +1 Button Now Works With Google +, Go Figure!
- How Being “Friends” On Google+ Leads To Better Rankings
- New: Google Now Showing Local +1 Counts
- Confirmed: Google Showing Google +1 Counts To Logged Out Users
- Comparing Facebook Like vs. Google +1