Google posted some tips for building a search engine friendly mobile tablet experience for users and search engines.
Google is clear to point out these tips are NOT specific “recommendations for building search engine friendly tablet-optimized websites.” Google does not have guidelines or official recommendations for tablet-optimized web sites but they did want to offer some tips based off their official smart phone recommendations.
The tablet-optimized tips include:
(1) Unless you offer tablet-optimized content, users expect to see your desktop site rather than your site’s smartphone site.
(2) When offering tablet-optimized content, use responsive design and test the design on many tablet devices.
(3) If you are doing redirection, be careful not to inadvertently redirect tablet users to the smartphone-optimized site too.
(4) Then Google lists on the blog post how you can tell Android phones and tablet devices apart using user-agents.
- Google Finally Takes A Clear Stance On Mobile SEO Practices
- Googlebot Identifies Smartphone Content With New User-Agent
- Untangling Your Mobile Metrics With Better Redirects
- Google On Designing Mobile Friendly Websites
- 5 Tips For Optimal Mobile Site Indexing
- 7 Real Mobile Duplicate Content SEO Issues
- Do You Know Google’s Official Stance On Mobile Search & SEO?
- Why Mobile Friendly Is Not Mobile SEO
- One URL To Rule Them All For Mobile SEO
- SEO Considerations For Google Mobile Search In 2012
- Google Writes On Mobile Site SEO Concerns & Techniques
- Seven Mobile SEO Myths Exposed
- The New Mobile SEO: What You Need To Know