Google Recommending New Video Schema.org Markup
Google announced on the Google Webmaster Central blog that they are now adding video support for schema.org. They are doing this in combination with Microsoft Bing and Yahoo Search as a “joint effort.”
Google says using the schema.org video markup is the “recommended way to describe videos on the web.” Google added that they still recommend you continue with your other video XML formats, such as Video Sitemaps and mRSS feeds, if you use them. The new schema.org video markup won’t impact the Video Sitemaps and mRSS feeds.
Here is a video introduction on this new markup:
- Schema.org: Google, Bing & Yahoo Unite To Make Search Listings Richer Through Structured Data
- Video Sitemaps Errors Now In Google Webmaster Tools Labs
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Video Sitemaps
- Google’s Webmaster Tools Adds More Diagnostic Features & Video Sitemaps
- How To Maximise SERP CTRs With Google Sitemaps & Schemas
- How To Use Rich Snippets, Structured Markup For High Powered SEO
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Sign up to receive weekly insights on video advertising and trends.