Google Revolving Planets Logo For Nicolaus Copernicus
Google is celebrating the 540th birthday of Nicolaus Copernicus, a mathematician and astronomer who was the man who came up with Heliocentrism.
As you can see, the Google logo is of Heliocentrism, where the planets revolve around the sun and the sun is stationary at the center of the Solar System.
Today being Nicolaus Copernicus’s 540th birthday, Google felt it was a good way to celebrate his life contributions to the world. The Doodle is worldwide across all Google properties.
Nicolaus Copernicus was born in Toruń (Thorn), Royal Prussia, Kingdom of Poland on February 19, 1473 and died at the age of 70 in Frauenburg on May 24, 1543. You can learn more about his life at Wikipedia.
Today’s Google logo is animated and can be viewed on Google.com.
Past Interactive Google Logos:
- Play The Frank Zamboni Google Doodle
- Google Logo Boldly Goes With Interactive Star Trek: The Original Series Doodle
- Google’s Latest Interactive Logo: The Moog Synthesizer
- Google’s Interactive “Happy Halloween” Logo For 2012
- Google Gets Interactive With Olympics Logos
- Google’s Interactive Earth Day Logo
- Early Look, Google’s Cool Interactive Jules Verne Logo Now Live
- How To Solve The Alan Turing Google Logo Puzzle
- Google Celebrates Freddie Mercury’s 65th Birthday With Google Logo
- The 2012 Google Father’s Day Logo
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.