Google Searchers Love The iPhone
comScore released statistics that showed the Google searcher is practically in love with the Apple iPhone. In fact, they found that 1.3 million searchers conducted 6.9 million searches for iPhone-related search terms in April 2008 alone. Of those 6.9 million searches, 88.4 percent came from Google, which is 33 percent higher than Google’s market share would account for.
The top ten iphone-related searches include:
- IPHONE with 1,488,000 searches
- IPHONE UPDATE with 151,000 searches
- IPHONE WEB APPS with 118,000 searches
- IPHONE MMS with 101,000 searches
- IPHONE 2.0 with 75,000 searches
- IPHONE 3G with 60,000 searches
- IPHONE 2 with 59,000 searches
- IPHONE G3 with 43,000 searches
- IPHONES with 38,000 searches
- IPHONE SPEAKERS with 35,000 searches
Here is the breakdown of searches on each network and paid versus non-paid:
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
The latest analyses, insights and strategies that inspire CMOs and marketers everywhere.