Google Takes Action On Seven Link Networks In Japan
Google’s head of search spam, Matt Cutts, announced on Twitter this morning that Google has “taken action” on seven different link networks in Japan.
Over the past several months, Google has not only been manual taking action against link networks or link schemes in the US, but they have been widening their efforts across the world.
Google’s Cutts said the action they took on the seven Japanese link networks happened over the past “few months.” How would you know if your site was impacted? Well, it likely only impacts Japanese related sites that participated in link networks within that region. But if you were hit, you should have seen a notification in your Google Webmaster Tools account or see a “manual action” in the same place.
Here is Matt’s tweet from this morning:
Incredibly proud of Japanese webspam team. Over last few months they’ve taken action on seven link networks! Makes playing field more level.
— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) April 8, 2014
- Google Penalizes Two German Link Networks; One Being efamous
- Google Targets Two Polish Link Networks While Continuing To Target German Link Networks
- Google Penalized A Germany Agency & Their Clients For Link Schemes, Says Matt Cutts
- Google Takes Down Another Link Network, France’s Buzzea
- Google May Have Penalized Another Major Link Network: Ghost Rank 2.0
- “Text Link Ads” Was Latest Hit By Google’s Actions Against Link Sellers
- Google Zaps Another Link Network, ‘Several Thousand’ Link Sellers Hit
- Did Google Just Penalize Another Link Network? SAPE Links
- Google Eliminates Another Link Network, BuildMyRank.com – Just One Of Several?
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.