Google Testing Fixed Top Search Bar
Amit captured a screen demo of this in action:
As you can see, the top bar stays with you as you scroll down the results. In addition, the instant previews section also was redesigned to have a more fixed look.
Alex Chitu feels that this is prepping for Google possibly launching an infinite scroll interface to the search results. Where you no longer have page numbers at the bottom of the page to go to the “next” search result page.
Google is big into testing user interfaces, so these tests should not surprise anyone. Will this stick? The early discussion around the design change does seem positive.
- Google Begins Multi-Month User Experience Update
- Google Goes Black With Black Navigation Bar Test
- Official: The Google Wonder Wheel Is Gone
- Google Testing New Design Without I’m Feeling Lucky Button
- Google Tests Using Site Name Rather Than URL In Search Results
- Google Testing URL Above Search Results Snippet
- Google Testing New Search Results Page Look. Does Anyone Actually Like It?
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.