Google Tests New Travel Search OneBox
A typical Google travel search OneBox looks like this:
The new travel OneBox offers a more detailed box of information with departing cities, airlines and prices:
Clicking on the plus sign will extend the one box to show you additional departing cities, airlines and prices:
I personally cannot replicate it but let me share the screen shots from SEOGadget’s blog.
Postscript: Google officially announced this on Friday, May 27th. They said it works in 10 languages including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Turkish, and Catalan. They also said it is part of the ITA integration work they have been working on.
- Gov’t To Okay Google-ITA Deal After Google Agrees To Burdensome Conditions
- Feds Ready To Approve Google-ITA Deal — With Ongoing Government Oversight
- OTA Coalition Forms, Calls Google+ITA Deal A Threat To Consumers And Competition
- Kayak Welcomes Google As Travel Search Competitor, With ITA Acquisition Still Under DOJ Review
- Report: Google Negotiating With DOJ To Prevent Suit To Block ITA Deal
- Senator Calls On DOJ To Limit Google’s ITA Purchase
- NY Times Argues Against Google-ITA Acquisition — Delicately
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.