Google to Launch YouTube Piracy Filter Today
The source of this information has not been disclosed, nor have any additional details. The source did say that Google would provide additional details this Monday.
Postscript: Google releases video filtering system from MercuryNews reports the tool is live now.
Dan King, a product manager at YouTube, said:
System works by creating a database full of abstract images of copyrighted videos that are then matched with videos that are uploaded to YouTube.
For past coverage of Google’s YouTube piracy issues see:
- Google Talks About YouTube Video ID Tool from Jun. 15, 2007
- YouTube Ready To Test “Fingerprinting” Video Tool from Jun. 12, 2007
- Google’s Schmidt: YouTube’s “Claim Your Content” Copyright Protection Service Nearly Ready from Apr. 17, 2007
- Google To Launch YouTube Content Identification System Soon from Feb. 22, 2007
- YouTube’s “Content Identification System” Delay May Hurt Google’s Plans from Jan. 2, 2007
- YouTube’s Growth Worries Media Giants from Dec. 19, 2006
Sign up to receive weekly insights on video advertising and trends.