Sign up for our daily recaps of the ever-changing search marketing landscape.
Google Updates Maps App Adding Restaurant Filters & More
Google Maps App adds cuisine type filters and more features for iOS and Android users.
Google has released updates to their Google Maps App for both the iOS and Android mobile platforms. The update includes the ability to filter searches for restaurants by cuisine type and adds other specific features for iOS and Android users.
The iOS App, available for free over here documents these four updates to the app:
- Filter searches for restaurants by cuisine type
- See current weather information for cities around the world
- Drop a pin for your starting and destination points in directions and navigation
- Add transit directions to your calendar
The Android App, available for free over here documents these three updates to the app:
- Filter search results for restaurants by cuisine type
- See your Google contacts when searching for addresses
- Business owners, claim your listing page to manage your presence on Maps
Typically, the iOS app plays catch up to the Android app counterpart. So being able to claim your business directly in the Google Maps app will likely come to iOS users in an upcoming release.