Google Webmaster Central Provides More Detailed Anchor Text Reporting
Vanessa Fox of Google Webmaster Central announced an upgrade to their anchor text reports. Anchor text reporting was added last month, as Danny’s Google Now Reporting Anchor Text Phrases article covers. In that, he had some wish list items. The new features include some of those and other changes:
- Number of anchor text phrases now show up to 200.
- You can now see the variations of each phrase. I find this very interesting, just click on the arrow next to each phrase.
- More sites now have access to the anchor phrase report. In the past not every site had this feature.
- Resurrected the “report showing the most common individual words in anchor text”
- The number of common words in anchor text and common words in your site now show up to 100 each.
FYI, it appears anchor text and link tool reporting tools are currently down. I suspect it is a temporary issue and will be fixed shortly.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.