Google’s Android App Updated With Google Now Improvements
Google has pushed out an update to its search app for Android devices that includes some improvements to Google Now cards among other things.
The updates are available to Android 4.1+ users. They include immediate updates to the flight- and sports-related Google Now cards, which previously were updated every 15 minutes. Google says the public transit card has been improved (no details how), and there are also new “Smart TV” cards that will show news and music currently on TV.
Here’s a look at the full list of updates:
- Related website for current location
- Real-time sports and flight updates, no 15 min delay
- Set reminders from Google searches for album & book releases, TV shows
- Car rental reservations from Gmail
- Event tickets for select websites
- Improved public transit card
- Additional Smart-TV cards for news & music currently on TV
- Ability to tell family & friends when you’ve left work (rolling out gradually)
- Choose calendars and edit reminders
The app is now available on Google Play.
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
The best news in mobile marketing every Thursday.