Google has best reputation in U.S., airlines fall: survey from Reuters reports on a recent Harris Interactive study that showed (PDF) Google is the number one company ranked for corporate responsibility in America. Google took over the number one spot from Microsoft, who is now ranked number ten. Here is the top 10:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Intel Corporation
- General Mills
- Kraft Foods
- Berkshire-Hathaway Inc.
- 3M Company
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Honda Motor Co.
Robert Fronk, senior vice president at Rochester, New York-based Harris, said:
The ratings they get focus on how they treat their employees, their workplace environment. They absolutely get tremendous credit for the social responsibility, which for them is also linked with their vision and leadership.
How did Google achieve this stratospheric climb? The company scores either in first or second place on reputation drivers of financial performance, vision/leadership, social responsibility and workplace environment. For Americans to hold a company in high regards today, clearly more than just profits are needed – companies need to focus on overall corporate social responsibility and how their employees are treated in order to build trust with today’s consumers.
Here are the results by category:
- Social Responsibility – Whole Foods, Google, General Mills, Microsoft, Johnson & Johnson
- Emotional Appeal – Johnson & Johnson, Kraft, General Mills, Google, 3M Company
- Financial Performance – Berkshire Hathaway, Google, Microsoft, Intel, Procter & Gamble
- Products & Services – Johnson & Johnson, 3M Company, Intel, Google, P&G
- Vision & Leadership – Berkshire Hathaway, Google, Microsoft, Intel, Apple
- Workplace Environment – Google, Johnson & Johnson, General Mills, Intel, Kraft