Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
Google’s Douglas Adams Logo Answers The Meaning Of Life: 42
For many, the Google Doodle, the interactive Google Logo, is just a fun representation of what Adam Douglas contributed to the world with his Hitchhikers Guide trilogy. You can play with the Google logo to unlock messages from his writings.
But, toward the end of the logo, Google sneaks in one deeper Easter Egg. Here it is:
42? If you search Google for [answer to life the universe and everything] what is the answer? 42. Why? Well, that is the answer to the meaning of life from his book. In the book, he had a “Deep Thought” to calculate the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything and the result was 42.
Google also uses bablefish for translation in this Doodle. AltaVista was the first to use bablefish with online translation.
You can learn more about Douglas Adams short, 49-year lifespan on Wikipedia.
Other Interactive Google Logos:
- Google Does Thanksgiving Logo Early, First Ever One Sharable On Google+
- Google “I Love Lucy” Logo For Lucille Ball’s 100th Birthday
- Google’s World’s Fair Logo For 160th Anniversary
- Early Look, Google’s Cool Interactive Jules Verne Logo Now Live
- Google Logo Honors John James Audubon’s Birthday
- Google Celebrates Freddie Mercury’s 65th Birthday With Google Logo
- Google’s Interactive Earth Day Logo
- What’s Up With The Google Balls Logo On The Google Homepage Today?