A Keynote Conversation with Google’s Matt Cutts from Search Engine Roundtable provides live blogging of Google’s Matt Cutts talking to Search Engine Land executive editor Chris Sherman during the keynote at SES London today. Matt covers:
- Eloping, a nice Valentine’s Day topic
- His typical day fighting spam
- Google search algorithm evolution
- Debunking myths
- How SEOs might react to Google’s expanded personalized search results (see here and here for more about those)
- He calls linkbaiting a "whitehat" SEO tactic
- How marketers need to consider vertical search more
- How his time with the NSA doesn’t keep him in black helicopters any longer
- How his most important nugget for site owners is to make use of tools offered by Google Webmaster Central (which just came out of beta today with over one million users)
Rand Fishkin from SEOmoz also provides some general thoughts about the conference overall in Reporting Live from SES London.
Postscript Barry: Search Engine Watch posted their 2007: A Search Odyssey? Keynote Conversation with Matt Cutts by Andrew Goodman.