Internal Microsoft Email Compares Life At Google Vs. Microsoft
Barry Schwartz on June 27, 2007 at 11:32 am
The email is an interview between an ex-Google employee who Microsoft hired. Here are my top hits from this email:
- He compares Google employees to kids who have everything taken care of for them, from food to laundry. Since these kids “don’t have a life yet,” this is perfect for them and they can be on email 24/7.
- “Google doesn’t seem to think that private offices are valuable for technical staff. They’re wrong.”
- On management; “conflict resolution between team members is very complex.”
- At Google, “There is no career development plan from individual contributor to manager.”
- Suggestion to Microsoft, “Make the food in the café free.”
Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.