JP Morgan Report Shows PayPal Dominating Google Checkout
Via Search Engine Journal, JP Morgan released a report named Google Checkout vs. PayPal (PDF). The report shows that Google Checkout has potential but PayPal is still dominating the field. Here are the key points, as per the report:
- Surveyed about 1,100 online buyers in 2006
- Google Checkout Adoption hits 6% in first year
- Google Checkout Users Skew Male, Affluent, and Young
- But Google Checkout Needs to Work Out Some Kinks
- PayPal Maintains Its Leadership Position. PayPal’s 42% penetration rate in 2006 was 7x that of Google checkout.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Sign up for online retail news and stats delivered each week.