Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
Live @ SMX West: Forget What You Know About Paid Search
Think you know everything about Google AdWords or Bing Ads? Have all the best practices nailed, are a master of match types, and have encyclopedic knowledge about gaining the upper hand when sparring with the quirky idiosyncrasies of bidding, scheduling and conversion optimization?
Think again. As kung fu masters remind us, “the wise always remain humble, grasshopper.”
During Forget What You Know About Paid Search at SMX West 2013, our panel of experts will skewer accepted wisdom, asking unconventional questions few dare to consider. Such as: does quality score really matter for all advertisers? Is account history sacrosanct? Is it really better to send people to product specific landing pages than a brand’s homepage?
Obvious answers? Maybe not. And maybe by adopting a contrarian approach you might find yourself gaining a competitive advantage, and in the process, probably driving your competitors nuts as you “act crazy like a fox.”
And who are these “experts” who you’ll hear challenging the “sacred truths” that “everyone knows?” It’s an impressive group with decades of collective knowledge and experience:
- Fred Vallaeys, who served as Google’s AdWords Evangelist for more than ten years.
- Ping Jen a Product Manager on the Microsoft Advertiser and Publisher Solutions team responsible for driving improvements into adCenter which help advertisers optimize their campaigns.
- Richard Stokes, CEO of AdGooroo and author of the bestselling book “Ultimate Guide to Pay-Per-Click Advertising.”
- Larry Kim, Founder & CTO of WordStream, a provider of PPC management software with more than 1000 satisfied customers.
- Jeff Allen, Account Director for Hanapin Marketing, who has the lead on nearly 30 accounts that range from mid sized businesses to billion dollar global conglomerates.
Deftly led by paid search impresario and CEO of Find Me Faster Matt Van Wagner, Forget What You Know About Paid Search will be a no-holds-barred debate about best practices, myths and unconventional realities that will be sure to contribute to your bottom line of knowledge of paid search. If you’re involved with PPC campaigns in any capacity, this is a must-attend session at SMX West 2013.
Better yet, Forget What You Know About Paid Search is just one of more than a dozen sessions focusing on paid search during the three-day conference devoted to all aspects of search, online and social media marketing. Check out the agenda for SMX West and register now!
Looking forward to seeing you in San Jose!