Looking Forward To SMX London
Our London edition of Search Marketing Expo is coming up on May 18 and 19, and is shaping up to be a terrific show. We’ve got some of the best search marketers from the U.K., Europe and the U.S. speaking, with tracks for people at all levels of experience.
We’re kicking things off with an exciting keynote from one of the world’s most influential marketing executives: Brian Featherstonhaugh, Chairman and CEO, OgilvyOne Worldwide, is speaking on search and the evolution of marketing. Featherstonhaugh has been a major force in developing and leading Ogilvy’s online advertising and marketing efforts, and has worked with both cutting-edge startups and the largest global brands. His strategic view of how marketing is evolving will set the perfect tone for the two days of tactical sessions to follow.
Something for all experience levels
Are you just starting out learning how to do search marketing? The SMX Boot Camp Track will get you up to working speed quickly. Or are you a battle-tested search marketing veteran looking for some new cutting edge tactics? The SMX Advanced Track, Advanced Ads Track and Heavy Duty SEO Track all focus on state-of-the-art techniques that help your search marketing campaigns outperform your competitors. We’ve also got tracks dedicated to Alternative Tactics & Diagnosis and Search Issues, looking at the thorny problems and challenges that often arise and can make or break a search marketing campaign if not resolved properly.
Here’s a sample of some of the panels:
- Industrial Strength SEO looks at the challenges involved in optimizing huge, often maddeningly complex web sites and the strategies you can employ to assure they are search friendly.
- Up Close With Google AdWords Quality Score is a deep dive into the various factors that determine quality scores, and the techniques you can apply to make sure your scores are as high as possible, assuring both good visibility and lower costs.
- Blow Your Mind Link Building Techniques—we all know how important an effective link building campaign is to search success. The speakers on this panel have taken link building to the next level, and share their effective—and sometimes unorthodox approaches—to get the most link love for their sites.
- Analyzing & Converting Organic Search Traffic looks at how to use search analytics to really understand what people are doing when they visit your site from search engines, and how you can tune your content to improve conversions based on data, not hunches.
- What’s New With Social Media Marketing. Twitter, Digg, Bebo, YouTube and other social media sites have become increasingly important for search marketers, but effectively targeting these sites can be tricky and can backfire if done improperly. The experts on this panel reveal how to do it right, and how to avoid social media “disasters” that can damage your brand or even drive away customers.
- Ecommerce Search Marketing Tactics looks at the unique issues faced by retailers, focusing on how to rise above the crowd to persuade searchers that your online store is the best to fill their needs.
- Search Marketing & Surviving A Recession. Everyone is adjusting to an uncertain economy, but some are doing a better job than others. This panel offers pragmatic tips on how to thrive during challenging times and make sure that you’re still around when the upturn comes.
- Give It Up! In this fast-moving session you’ll hear some of the most closely guarded secrets practiced by highly skilled and successful search marketers. No holding back allowed here!
These are just eight of the more than 25 panels you’ll be able to attend during the two day conference. And during the two days there will be plenty of gourmet food and beverages during breaks and lunch—no box lunches! The conference venue is the New Connaught Rooms, a beautifully restored facility with tons of Victorian charm. The location is right in the heart of London at Covent Garden, with easy access from all types of transportation.
Planning to attend with colleagues from your firm? Take advantage of our Bring the Team Offer, which allows each additional attendee from the same company registered at the same time to receive an extra £100 off the registration fee.
SMX London is also running in conjunction with the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, and you can attend both conferences and save hundreds of pounds on registration by purchasing a combo pass to both events.
So don’t delay—register today to secure your place at the U.K.’s most dynamic search marketing conference. Looking forward to seeing you there!
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.