If US Congressman Joe Barton never got an answer to his many questions about Google Privacy (which I thought wasted time asking for stuff an intern could locate), perhaps he’ll be happy watching some of Google’s latest videos released that cover some very specific privacy issues on a product-by-product basis. They join some other video content to help grow the Google Privacy Channel on YouTube that was created last month.
Here’s a rundown:
- Google Privacy Tips: Unlisting Phone Numbers
- Google Privacy Tips: Street View
- Google Privacy Tips: Google Calendar
- Google Privacy Tips: Chat "Off the Record"
- Google Privacy Tips: Google Docs
- Google Privacy Tips: Web History
- Google Privacy Tips: Blogger
- Google Privacy Tips: Picasa
- Google Privacy Tips: Cookies
These videos can all be found within the Google Privacy Channel. They join two preexisting videos that cover search privacy:
- Google Search Privacy: Plain and Simple (see Now Showing: Google Video On Privacy for our review of that one)
- Google Search Privacy: Personalized Search
There are also videos of other types, such as Google giving public testimony on privacy:
- Nicole Wong at the FTC Town Hall on Behavioral Advertising
- Peter Fleischer at the CEPS-Google event in Brussels
And if you need some relief from the privacy stuff, you can watch the blooper reel: Google Privacy Tips: Google Bloopers.