New: Google Rich Snippet Tool Allows HTML Input & Product Snippets Go Global
HTML Input For Rich Snippet Testing Tool:
The first is they have added to the rich snippets testing a way to input your HTML and test the HTML before you make the HTML live. In the past, you always had to upload your changes and then run the testing tool. Now, you can take your HTML and paste it into the tool and Google will output the results of the rich snippets.
Product Rich Snippets Now Global:
Second, Google’s product rich snippets is now available globally. No matter where you search, if the results have the product markups, Google will display the rich snippets in the search results. Here is an example:
- Google Adds Rich Snippets For Application Reviews: iTunes Apps, Android & More
- Google Releases Ten Videos On Rich Snippets
- Google Removes Author: Search From Google News
- Google Announces “Megasitelinks,” Image Search Improvements & Better Byline Dates
- Google Recommending New Video Schema.org Markup
- Google Search Now Highlights “Latest Posts” From Google+ Pages & Profiles
- Concert Rich Snippets: List Your Ticket Sale Site Under Band Web Sites
- Google Discussion Forum Snippets Now Showing “Top Answers”
Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of a guest author and not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here.
(Some images used under license from Shutterstock.com.)
Everything you need to know about SEO, delivered every Thursday.