Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
Peter Carl Fabergé Google Egg Logo
Google has a special logo on their home page today for Peter Carl Fabergé, a Russian Jewelry artist, know for creating easter eggs made of jewels, gems and high-end metals. These eggs were known as Fabergé Eggs.
Peter Carl Fabergé was born today 166 years ago in Saint Petersburg, Russia. His family was in the Jewelry business and he eventually took over the family business in 1882. Then in 1885 he was given the title House of Fabergé where he created these Fabergé Eggs for Alexander III and Nicholas II of Russia. The eggs created for them were known as Imperial Fabergé eggs, but he created 50 of them between 1885 and 1917, 8 of which are missing to this day.
Google likes to host easter eggs in their search results, such as the binary easter egg, the let it snow easter egg, do a barrel roll easter egg and others. So it is about time Google reintroduced real easter eggs to the home page of Google, like they did back in 2005.
Other Google Logos:
- Google’s Latest Interactive Logo: The Moog Synthesizer
- Google’s Happy Mother’s Day Logo (2012 Edition)
- Google’s King Tut Howard Carter Birthday Logo
- The Keith Haring Google Logo
- Google Zipper Logo Celebrates Birthday Of Inventor Gideon Sundback
- Google Grew Their Own Earth Day Logo
- Eadweard J. Muybridge 182nd Birthday Google Logo
- Google Logo For Mies van der Rohe 126th Birthday