Discover what's up in the business of marketing each Friday.
RIP Jaamit Durrani
Jaamit Durrani, a UK-based marketer who was well known in SEO circles, has died. He was the SEO director for OMD UK.
Durrani was killed in a London Underground accident last week, struck by a train, apparently knocked in front of it. That’s not hard to happen on the Tube. Platforms are often crowded, and except in some rare newer sections, there are no barriers.
He’s being remembered online right now through a Twitter tribute where thoughts are being sent along with the #jaamit hashtag:
A number of tribute blog posts have also gone up, including:
- Jaamit, from Rishil Lakhani (very nice one, 25 comments already)
- Jaamit Durrani Tribute, from the head of OMD Group
- We’ll miss you Jaamit at State of Search
- A tragic loss to the industry – RIP Jaamit, from Pete Young, collects some of the condolences sent on Twitter
- A Tribute to Jaamit from freshegg
- Jaamit Durrani, RIP, from Econsultancy
- Goodbye to My Good Friend Jaamit Durrani from SEOTops, which has also set up a memorial site where donations can be made.