Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
Search Funnies: The April Fool’s 2007 Roundup
April Fools Day was yesterday, and the search engines along with others in the search world, went all out. Here is a roundup of the different pranks played.
- The Matt Cutts Blog Gets Hacked was one of the most discussed in the search industry.
- TiSP: Google Flushes Free Wireless Broadband For All was on every blog and technology news site yesterday.
- Matt Cutts & CuttsCon – I think this actually would be a good idea.
- Ask Kevin: Ask.com Acquires Kevin Federline’s “Search With Kevin” with Jim Lanzone’s classic humor.
- Yahoo Underground: Fringe News Featured may have been Yahoo’s April 1 stunt or might be real.
- Google Maps April Fools Joke was one from the Google Maps team that kind of slipped through the cracks.
- Adsense Serving on WebmasterWorld.com – I found funny
- Google Writer was a nice little gimmick by Google Operating Systems
- ShoeMoney Station Closed was nice and simple
- Microsoft to Launch ‘Third World’ this week as a plugin for Virtual Earth from Microsoft
- Search Engine Roundtable Hack was a very non-obtrusive joke hack
- Gmail Paper enabled you to order your gmail via direct mail
- Sorry, there won’t be a Cat Day, found viaThreadwatch, has a fake but real looking Google Blog post saying the cats have to stay at home
- No Foolin’: April Fool’s Day Fun From Ask.com, Dogpile, Exalead, Google, and Opera has Gary Price’s recap
If we missed any, please let us know by adding a comment.