Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Google Adds 2015 Oscar Nominations To Knowledge Graph, Local Search Challenges For Franchises & More
Amy Gesenhues on January 16, 2015 at 4:16 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- 2015 Oscar Nominations Now Showing In Google Knowledge Graph & Bing Carousel
Searches for “Oscar nominee” and “Oscar nominations” on both Google and Bing deliver results for this year’s best picture candidates.
- The Franchise Challenge: How Do You Stand Out When You’re One Of Many?
Local search marketing can be a challenge for franchisees, but columnist Rachel Lindteigen has some tips.
- Google’s Knowledge Graph May Show For 25% Of All Search Queries
Google’s Knowledge Graph shows for about 25% of all Google queries, which can pose a threat to the publishers who are the source of much of that data.
- Google Still Doing At Least 1 Trillion Searches Per Year
Company is sticking with figure it gave in 2012 but stresses it’s “over” that amount. How much over, Google’s not saying.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 2014 Top 10 “Best Perceived” Brands: Amazon & YouTube Take The Lead
- Yahoo Promotes Flurry Exec To Lead Advertising Product Teams
- Duck Tape Re-Enacts College Football Game In Real-Time On Vine
- Compare Search, Social & Display Performance On Mobile & Desktop [Report]
- Mind Your Email Marketing “ABCs” To Move Forward In 2015
- Google Says It Has Addressed “New Type of Spam” That Hit AdSense Publishers
Search News From Around The Web:
- Backlink Analysis via Fusion Tables, SEMrush Blog
- How Reddit Can Be A Valuable Source Of Traffic And Links, Ahrefs Blog
- What you didn’t know about your old backlinks?, linkresearchtools.com
- The What and Why of Negative Keywords, Renegade Search
- Video: Google Feedback, Structured Data, Social Links, News Images & AdSense Hijacking, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- How to Use Regular Expressions to Better Track Your UET Conversions in Bing Ads, Bing Ads
- Manage Your PPC Clients More Effectively, PPC Hero
- 3 Reasons You Should Not use URL Parameter Settings in Webmaster Tools, ignitevisibility.com
- Hacking Keyword Targeting by Serving Interest-Based Searches – Whiteboard Friday, Moz